Community Housing Minutes

COMMUNITY HOUSING MINUTES

Trimingham Community-Led Housing Steering Group
Minutes of meeting held 10 June 2019
Present: Jim Page (Chair), Pamela Hill, Elizabeth King, Colin Dash, Terry Brown (part), Phil Berry
Anna Clarke (NNDC), Nicky Debbage (NNDC)
Apologies: John Harrod, Andrea Osbourne
1. Minutes of last meeting
Agreed
2. Matters Arising
None
3. Terms of Reference
Agreed sharing of personal contact details.
4. Site and Planning Matters
James Mann from NNDC Planning Dept joined the meeting to provide an overview of planning matters important to the project. This also included some details from the first draft of the new Local Plan which is currently out to public consultation and could be applicable to the Trimingham project. The Group had the opportunity to ask questions which included issues of coastal erosion, roll back and that Trimingham is in a designated Area of Natural Beauty. All of these will need to be considered as part of a future planning application.
5. Potential Partners
Nicky confirmed there is a third Housing Association interested in the project and she is currently firming up details with them to ascertain if they could attend the informal interview/discussion session.
The Group are happy with the drafted range of questions and points which they would like to cover in these during the interviews. The Group asked if the Housing Associations could provide a written submission to cover these agreed areas which will be used to aid supplementary queries when they meet. The group will meet before the interview/discussion session to review these submissions.
The Group were provided with a list of the interested Housing Association developments in the North Norfolk area. The Group agreed to work together over the next few weeks to find out more about these before the interview/discussion sessions.
6. Skills and Knowledge Gaps
Anna confirmed she had carried out investigations into offering the group some additional training opportunity to aid group working. She provided the Group with an overview of what could be offered with one specific trainer and the Group asked if a more detailed plan of a bespoke training session could be provided.
7. Wider Community Support
• The Group agreed the introduction text for the webpage.
• Anna agreed to assist in draft text for the next Trimingham Newsletter for the Group to approve.
8. Legal Incorporation
N/A at present
9. Any other business
The Group agreed that the Homes England form could be forwarded to the Martin Field at East Midlands Community-Led Housing

 

Trimingham Community-Led Housing Steering Group
Minutes of meeting held 13 May 2019
Present: Pamela Hill, Elizabeth King, Colin Dash, Terry Brown, John Harrod
Anna Clarke (NNDC), Nicky Debbage (NNDC)
Apologies: Jim Page
1. Minutes of last meeting
Agreed
2. Matters Arising
None
3. Terms of Reference
Steering Group agreed the text for the Terms of Reference.
The following roles were confirmed. Jim Page (Chair) and Terry Brown (Secretary).
It was agreed to review the roles at 12 months or earlier if needed.
4. Site and Planning Matters
Nicky Debbage took the Steering Group through the pre planning advice which has been provided by NNDC planning department. These two sites are on Cromer Road and Middle Street. Cromer Road was seen as having some potential but with Middle Street planning were unable to recommend proceeding. The Steering Group noted that this is only advice at this stage and nothing would be certain until a formal application was submitted.
The Steering Group agreed to go forward exploring opportunities for both sites at this early stage.
5. Potential Partners
Nicky confirmed she has been in touch with potential Housing Association partners.
• Hastoe Housing have already confirmed their interest given their assistance so far.
• Broadland Housing Group do not have the capacity currently to assist.
• Victory Housing Trust have confirmed their interest.
The Steering Group agreed they wished to have an informal interview/discussion with both interested Housing Associations and discussed the type of information they wished to obtain in order to select a partner to work with. Nicky agreed to form this discussion into a set of questions for the group to review which could be finalised at the next Steering Group meeting and would aid meeting with the Housing Associations hopefully in July. Nicky will check the availability of both Housing Associations to ustilise the Steering Group’s July meeting to carry out these sessions.
The Steering Group would also like to visit local developments owned by the two Housing Associations prior meeting with them.
6. Skills and Knowledge Gaps
Initial sessions training/coaching sessions were suggested and discussed.
The Steering Group agreed that a training session to aid working together as a group would be useful. Anna offered to explore available options.
Nicky will speak with NNDC planning department to ascertain if a planning officer could come to speak with the group to improve knowledge around planning issues and requirements.
7. Wider Community Support
• Anna agreed to draft text to introduce the project on the Trimingham Community-Led Housing webpage for the Steering Group to review.
• Terry offered to draft the next article for the Trimingham Newsletter and circulate.
8. Legal Incorporation
N/A at present
9. Any other business
Homes England have asked community groups to complete a ‘Call for Information’ form to gather information regarding projects that groups are working on. It was agreed that this would be completed and Anna would forward to Homes England.

 

Trimingham Community-Led Housing Steering Group
Minutes of meeting held 1 April 2019
Present: Pamela Hill, Jim Page, Elizabeth King, Carmel Leyland, Colin Dash, Terry Brown
Anna Clarke (NNDC), Nicky Debbage (NNDC)
Apologies: John Harrod, Andrea Osbourne, Phil Berry
1. Site Tour
The site tour with Hastoe Housing and NNDC identified two sites with the potential to accommodate a new small housing development. The group asked that NNDC gain initial views from planning and highways.
2. Overview
• Recap on Martin Field visit
The session with Martin Field, specialist in Community-Led Housing had been informative. There were no further queries on this at the moment. NNDC suggested that they would be able to support the Group with some of the work needed and Martin would be required for the more technical aspects.
• Overview of action plan
The Group agreed to use the action plan from Martin’s session to form the basis of the next steps and work plan needed.
• Start-up finances
NNDC confirmed that up to £6k had been set aside for the Trimingham Community-Led Housing project as a start-up fund. This will be held and administered by NNDC until an incorporated group is formed and be able to hold a bank account.
3. Formalising the Steering Group
• Terms of Reference
The Group worked through the draft terms of reference and agreed the text. NNDC to amend the revised document for approval at the next Steering Group meeting.
• Roles
Chair and Secretary will be agreed at the next Steering Group meeting.
• Meetings/Agenda
The Group agreed meetings to be held monthly. It was proposed the second Monday of each month. Next meeting 13 May – 5 to 7pm.
4. Action Plan
• The Group agreed it was likely the Community-Led Housing project would become a Community Land Trust.
• The Group agreed that they would like to partner with a Housing Association and would consider a number of key questions they would want to explore with those interested in the Trimingham project. Nicky Debbage agreed to contact Housing Associations who may have an interest in the project and were working in the North Norfolk area.
• The Group agreed that exploring any skills and knowledge gaps was essential. NNDC agreed to assist with this and suggest training options.
• The Group agreed that it was important to keep the wider Trimingham community informed using the Trimingham News letter and the Trimingham website. The Group agreed to hold a public event to meet the wider Trimingham community to consult and gain further support in the project.
• The Group agreed that further exploration was needed in getting the type of legal incorporation for the project right and that a community-led housing expert such as Martin Field would be required to advise.
• The Group agreed that the action plan headings would be used to form the agenda for future Steering Group meetings along with any additional items as required.
5. First Tasks and next Agenda items
• Terms of Reference
• Sites and Planning matters
• Potential partners
• Skills and Knowledge gaps
• Wider community support
• Legal Incorporation

 

PREVIOUSLY
On 8th May 2018 there was a lively debate on the subject of a council-led scheme for fast-tracking access onto the property ladder for local people, involving exceptional planning permission for a small development of new houses in the village.
The leaflet explaining the purpose of this meeting is reproduced below:

Community Housing Leaflet

Further information on the subject of how (or whether) this project is progressing will appear on this page when we know more.